Recipe by Sadia Sami
Ingredients (serves 4)
500g chicken in curry pieces
2 cups oil
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
6 bullet chilliest sliced
2 large tomatoes halved
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp black pepper powder
Ginger and coriander for garnishing
1. To a hot kharai, heat oil and fry the chicken till it becomes slightly golden
2. Remove 1 cup of the oil
3. Add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Mix well
4. Add halved tomatoes and a splash of water. Cover with a lid and let the tomatoes soften in the steam
5. Remove the lid and remove the skin of the tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes and mix the kharai
6. Make sure the heat is on high throughout. Bhun the meat till the tomatoes have dissolved
7. Add greek yoghurt and bhun till all the liquid has evaporated and the oil has risen to the top
8. Sprinkle black pepper and have 1/2 cup water to make a slight gravy
9. Garnish with ginger and coriander and enjoy with naan!
September National Competition Question
Which major City in Pakistan is Charsi Chicken Karahi from?
Stand a chance to win a special Minnies Food Enterprise Hamper.
WhatsApp your answer to 074 399 8576.
Follow us on social media for more amazing competitions and giveaways